Most of the time it's to give myself the positive reinforcement that mentally I need to reassure myself that I am doing a good job on this journey of mine. When I read one that I feel depicts an accurate description of the strength I'm building through kettlebell or a quote that reinforces a belief I have about fitness it makes me feel more confident in myself, it makes me feel that what I'm doing is relevant and someone else out there feels or has felt like I do.
Another way I look for inspiration is through the few people I follow on Facebook, Instagram and blogs who share in the same fitness and nutritional needs and goals I have. There's a lot of emotion that runs through your body when you are loosing weight and gaining strength. I look to these people for inspiration often and also for reassurance. Thier posts help me get through my emotional lows and even my victorious highs. Their progress inspires me to try new things and keep myself motivated.
I find myself sharing photos on Instagram and Facebook of my workouts and delisuous heathy foods I eat. Occasionally I'll post a picture of the scale when I make it to another goal (I've had to set new ones, ones that I would have never ever thought I could obtain as I passed the 175 goal that I set 7 years ago and could never get to).
What I've found by posting these pictures is two fold. 1. I did it in the beginning because the likes again have me the reinforcement I needed for my own self satisfaction in knowing that others acknowledge my progress and "like" my accomplishments. and 2. The BIG one, something that was never even a thought that never ever came to my mind before this journey is that MY posts are inspiring others. Lately I have been out publicly more often and the feedback that I have got from my friends and industry friends that I do not see often tell me that my posts inspire them. I event receive comments both on my posts and in private messages if how my pictures and posts are motivation for them.
In the begining it was a bit awkward to hear, but I then remembered having pinned a quote I Pinterest way back before this kettlebell joirney that said... BE STRONG BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU ARE INSPIRING.
And there it is, the realization that I too am inspiring. I could have never imagined that this would be a feeling I would feel in my life. I am truly greatful to be in this position to be an inspiration to someone else because it is a opportunity for me to pay forward the inspiration I receive.
That being said I am going to bed inspired, inspired to be inspirational.

No comments:
Post a Comment